Criminals are using the Covid-19 vaccinations as a way to target the public by tricking them to hand over cash or financial details. They are sending convincing-looking text messages letting people know they are eligible for the vaccine or phoning people directly, pretending to be from the NHS or local pharmacy.
People are warned to be alert to these scams:
The NHS will -
- NEVER ask for payment – the vaccine is free;
- NEVER ask for your bank details;
- NEVER arrive unannounced at your home to administer the vaccine;
- NEVER ask you to prove your identity by sending copies of personal documents such as your passport.
Be alert to:
- Fake Text Messag
- Fake Phone Calls;
- Fake web-sites;
- Fake visitors calling in person.