This privacy notice sets out how we, Whittlesey and District Neighbourhood Watch, use and protect any information that you give to us.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last reviewed on 1st November 2017.
What we collect
We may collect the following information from you:
- Your contact information including your name, address, email and telephone number.
- If you are a co-ordinator, we will also collect the area you co-ordinate.
- Information you have supplied as part of a article submission, report, advert or query.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to help with the day-to day management of Whittlesey and District Neighbourhood Watch to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our communications and to manage the Neighbourhood Watch Areas.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may share your information with other National and Regional Neighbourhood Watch organisations and with the police.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to, or email, us as soon as possible using the information in Contact Us. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How Personal Data is Handled within Whittlesey and District Neighbourhood Watch
Personal data relating to co-ordinators is provided to the Secretary or Chairman by the co-ordinator either on paper or electronically. This data is then stored for use in the day-to-day running of the Whittlesey and District Neighbourhood Watch areas. Relevant details may be passed to National and Regional Neighbourhood Watch Organisations to assist in the coordination and mamangement of Neighbourhood Watch at a County and National Level. All information will be stored securely.
Co-ordinator information is updated at regular meetings, to which all co-ordinators are invited to attend, and by co-ordinators passing on updated information to the Chairman or Secretary. Information may be used to update National and Regional Neighbourhood Watch organisations and to assist comunications with the local police.
Personal information passed to us by members of the public will be initially handled by the relevant co-ordinator, the Secretary and/or Chairman. Information will be used to answer queries and to assist with the day-to-day running of Whittlesey and District neighbourhood Watch. If a report from the public requires further action, details will be passed to a relevant authority. Personal data supplied by members of the public will only be used and stored by Neighbourhood Watch for the purposes of managing their query or report.
Whittlesey NHW disclaims all responsibility and liability (including negligence) in relation to information on or accessible from this site.