Take Five is a national campaign that offers advice to help consumers prevent financial fraud. This includes email deception and phone-based scams as well as online fraud– particularly where criminals impersonate trusted organisations. Take Five is backed by Financial Fraud Action UK (FFA UK) part of UK Finance, HMG via the Home Office and a range of partners including banks, building societies, law enforcement agencies, commercial, public and Third Sector organisations. By working together banks, the financial industry, Government and consumers can help to stop fraud.
1. Never disclose security details, such as your PIN or full password – it’s never right to reveal these details.
2. Don’t assume an email request or caller is genuine – people aren’t always who they say they are.
3. Don’t be rushed – a bank or genuine organisation won’t mind waiting to give you time to stop and think.
4. Listen to your instincts –if something feels wrong then it is usually right to pause and question it.
5. Stay in control – have the confidence to refuse unusual requests for information.
To find out more about Take Five visit their site here