Terms and Conditions
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website. The term ‘Whittlesey and District Neighbourhood Watch’ or ‘NHW’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, Whittlesey and District Neighbourhood Watch who can be contacted via the details on the Our Watch website at https://www.whittleseynhw.org.uk.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose.
- You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable.
- It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirementsThis website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us.
- This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s)
- Whittlesey and District Neighbourhood Watch reserves the right to remove any content off the website if in our sole opinion we believe contents to be inappropriate, illegal or offensive. No warning shall be given for such removal of content and we shall not be held liable for such contentYour use of this website, and any dispute arising out of such use of the website, is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
This privacy notice sets out how we, Whittlesey and District Neighbourhood Watch, use and protect any information that you give to us.We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last reviewed on 1st April 2022.
What we collect
We will collect your personal information at the time of registration via the ourwatch.org.uk website. Personal information can also obtained from memebers by email or by distributing a hard copy of the registration form. If your personal information changes at any other time, you should ammend your details on ourwatch.org.uk or send the ammended information to the secretary or chairman.
We may collect the following information from you:
Your registration details including your name, address, email and telephone number.
If you are a co-ordinator, we will also collect the area you co-ordinate, iInformation you have supplied as part of an article submission, report, advert or query. We only collect personal data submitted by memebers who have given their on-going consent.
What we do with the information we gather
We require the information to help with the day-to day management of Whittlesey and District Neighbourhood Watch, to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our communications and to manage the Neighbourhood Watch Areas.
- information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To share your information with other National and Regional Neighbourhood Watch organisations and with the police.
Security of Your Data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee of £2 will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us. You can see your details by using your login details to view your record on the National Website at Ourwatch.org.uk.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to, or email, us as soon as possible using the information in Contact Us or change the details in your personl profile on ourwatch.org.uk. If you are unable to correct the details in your profile we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect once we are informed.
How Personal Data is Handled within Whittlesey and District Neighbourhood Watch
Members' personal data relating is provided to administrators of the system, either on paper or electronically. This data is then stored for use in the day-to-day running of the Whittlesey and District Neighbourhood Watch areas. Relevant details may be passed to National and Regional Neighbourhood Watch Organisations to assist in the coordination and management of Neighbourhood Watch at a County and National Level. All information will be stored securely. Information may be used to update National and Regional Neighbourhood Watch organisations and to assist comunications with the local police. Personal information passed to us by members of the public will be initially handled by the relevant co-ordinator, the Secretary and/or Chairman. Information will be used to answer queries and to assist with the day-to-day running of Whittlesey and District neighbourhood Watch. If a report from the public requires further action, details will be passed to a relevant authority. Personal data supplied by members of the public will only be used and stored by Neighbourhood Watch for the purposes of managing their query or report.
Whittlesey and District NHW disclaims all responsibility and liability (including negligence) in relation to information on or accessible from this site.
How do I disable cookies?
With most web browsers it is possible to configure your Internet browser so that it can refuse new cookies, prompt you to accept a cookie or disable cookies altogether. How you do this will depend on the Internet browser you use. Be advised that, by refusing to accept our cookies our website may not operate correctly. For further details on cookies we recommend that you visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies In Use on This Site
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Tailoring content to your needs
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.The list below describes the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for. We use policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this site, or you should delete the cookies having visited the site, or you should browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (often called “Incognito”)
First Party Cookies
These are cookies that are set by this website directly.
Our websites uses Joomla CMS and cookies are used to store basic data on your interactions with Joomla, and whether you have logged into Joomla. We use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you, if you are a registered user, and we deem these as being strictly necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled then some functionality on the site will not work. More information on session cookies and what they are used can be found on the internet.
Third Party Cookies
These are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this site. Cookies of this type are the sharing buttons across the site allow visitors to share content onto social networks. Cookies are currently set, for example, by Facebook and Twitter and also by the weather reporting widgets. In order to implement these functions and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of our website. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on this website.You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.